In the Municipal Park, rest, tranquility, health and natural beauty are harmoniously combined. Bordering the left bank of the Arenteiro River, its 32 hectares of trees, squares, avenues and roads extend, along, from the Great Spa to the Fish Farm, and across, from the river to the residential area. Its origins date back to 1928, when the City Council decided to municipalize what until then was a communal hill in the neighboring parish of Mesego to transform it into a recreation area.
“The Park was devised by the architect of Ourense Conde Fidalgo, who designed the plans according to which it was initially configured.”
“The Park is the framework in which the Festa do Pulpo is celebrated every second Sunday of August, the pilgrimage par excellence of O Carballiño, one of the most popular and renowned gastronomic events in Galicia.”